Technology Donation Guidelines
Savannah-Chatham County Public School System thanks you for your interest in donating technology to be used by our teachers and students. The following is a guideline for the donation of technology equipment to a school. It is intended to help with the process and bring awareness on the minimum requirements that need to be met to ensure a safe and secure learning environment for our students.
Note: Donated equipment falls under policy and Regulation KH and KH-R Public Gifts.
All equipment accepted into the district will need to meet the minimum standards listed below.
As of June 2018, these standards are:
||Intel Core i3 3.7 GHz
||Intel Core i3 2.0 GHz
- Chromebooks: 16 GB device
- Apple: iPad Air 2 or newer
- LCD or flat monitors
- Donations of peripherals devices should be in good working order and have drivers to support MS Windows 10. We are unable to use devices without the proper driver version.
Starting the Process
Contact the school you wish to receive the donation. The following information will need to be provided.
- The make, model number, OS, and if known the processor speed
- Condition of the technology, and if known the age
The school receiving the donation will submit the information to the Network and Engineering Department for review. The department will check to make sure the device is compatible with the existing network and that the device will support the latest security requirements. The school will then be notified of the outcome.