SCCPSS recognizes graduation is one of life's defining and preeminent moments and we are committed to providing a safe event that represents the significance and dignity this occasion deserves.
In order for us to provide a ceremony that will properly honor the Class of 2022 graduates and observe the safety protocols for all attendees, we respectfully request that your graduate and all guest(s) adhere to the following guidelines:
1. The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at the published time. Each guest must present a ticket to enter the ceremony. If you are not participating in the ceremony or have a ticket for the ceremony, you will not be allowed to enter the arena.
2. Guests and graduates will be required to complete security screenings prior to entering the ceremony, so please allow time. Screening areas will be set at the entrances to the Enmarket Arena. Bags will be searched, and those entering will be screened using metal detectors. If necessary, additional screening may be conducted.
3. Clear bags will be required. Each guest is allowed one (1) clear plastic bag and one (1) small clutch. Please see attachments below for more information on clear bag guidelines.
SECURITY PROCEDURES_Clear Bag Policy Flyer.pdf
4. Graduates are asked not to bring personal items other than their cap, gown, and approved graduation regalia.
5. Failure to participate in the screening procedures will result in denial of entry to the area where the ceremony is being held.
6. Seating for the graduation ceremonies is in the lower bowl of the arena. Anyone arriving after the ceremony begins will only be allowed in the upper bowl of the arena to avoid creating a distraction for other families.
7. Noise making devices, flowers and balloons will not be permitted inside the arena. When these items are present, they diminish the decorum of the graduation ceremony. Security staff will be on site to enforce this provision. Guests who do not abide by this provision will be removed from the arena.
8. We ask that applause be held until all of the graduates' names have been announced. It is of utmost importance that family members and guests be allowed to hear the name to their graduate.
9. Appropriate attire that supports the dignity and decorum of this event is recommended for guests. Graduates also have a required dress code.
We look forward to honorable and dignified graduation ceremonies that proudly recognize our young people and appropriately celebrate this crowning achievement for the Class of 2022. Thank you for your support and assistance.