More than 70 students hailing from all eight SCCPSS middle schools were inducted into the SCCPSS Junior Police Academy on Thursday, December 7, 2023. The SCCPSS Board of Education Police Department, in partnership with Academic Affairs, the Office of College & Career Readiness (OCCR), local businesses, and industry have implemented this career exploration program for 7th-grade middle school students at our middle schools.
The Goals and Objectives of the Program are to:
• Provide young citizens with an Introduction to Law Enforcement.
• Bridge the gap between today's youth and law enforcement officers.
• Motivate young people to be outstanding citizens.
• Empower them to act as a positive influence in their community through service learning activities.
• Provide students with field experiences by working with local law enforcement agencies.
Students accepted into the Junior Police Academy will be required to complete a six-week Cadet Training Program. A graduation ceremony for the 5th JPA graduating class will be held in the spring. See photos from the induction ceremony here