Dr. Denise Watts began serving as the 25th Superintendent of the Savannah-Chatham County Public School System in July of 2023. To manage her transition into the district, she was guided by a 100-Day Entry Plan that involved active listening and engagement with the community, staff, and students. This entry plan positioned the Superintendent as the “lead learner” in the school district and the community. Ultimately, the Superintendent aimed to do the following:
- Gain insight into critical events, issues, and concerns that influence or have influenced the school system.
- Learn about the values, norms, expectations, and goals of the community and the organization.
- Conduct a collective examination of the current realities and establish priorities for ensuring a quality education for each student.
- Develop a trusting, productive, and collaborative relationship with the Board, staff, parents, partners, and the community.
- Build excitement and momentum for our joint efforts to make SCCPSS a world-class school district for students.
Using the 100-Day Entry Plan as a guide, the Superintendent gained valuable knowledge and a greater understanding that will allow for thoughtful decision-making and strategic leadership actions that will inspire, catalyze, and empower our collective efforts to ensure SCCPSS is a thriving school district that graduates students for post-secondary success and a choice-filled life.
On behalf of the Superintendent, please find a link to the Listen & Learn Report below.