Beginning November 2, 2020, the SCCPSS School Counseling Department will recognize Post-Secondary Options Month. Post-Secondary Options Month is designed to expose our students to the various 2 and 4 year college, technical school, certificate, military, and workforce opportunities available to them. Students will also have the opportunity to receive assistance in completing the applications associated with the option(s) of their choice. This year, we will host virtual awareness and assistance events November 2, 2020 through November 13, 2020. Attendance will be taken daily and provided to each school. Students are responsible for making up any missed assignments.
November 2, 2020 – November 6, 2020 ~ 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ~ Oh the Places You Will Go!!!
Live on the SCCPSS Counselor YouTube Channel (students may use the QR code found on the flyer)
- Military Awareness Monday: Students will learn about the requirements and benefits of each branch of service from a panel of military personnel.
- Rock the Vote Tuesday: If you're at least 18, be sure to vote! If not, encourage voter participation through social media or as a poll worker (you must be 16 or older to serve as a poll worker).
- College Wednesday: 2 year, 4 year, Technical School, Certificate Program…which option is right for you? Learn about the benefits and requirements for 2 and 4 year institutions, technical schools, and certificate programs from a panel of college representatives.
- Workforce Awareness Thursday: Students will learn about the various on-the-job training and apprenticeship opportunities available in the Coastal Empire and beyond.
- Focused on My Future Friday: High school counselors will meet with students to answer questions and encourage them to sign up for application assistance
November 9, 2020-November 13, 2020 ~ Virtual Application Assistance Week ~ Appointment Times Will Vary
Students will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive assistance with completing applications. Assistance is available by appointment only.