We are excited to welcome students back to in-person hybrid learning. On February 3, 2021, the Board adopted a resolution in support of moving forward with the Second Semester In-Person Option for families. The following information will provide start dates and important reminders for in-person instruction.
Students identified as Least Independent Learners will return to in-person instruction on February 17, 2021, and families will be contacted with information regarding your child's schedule. All other students who selected in-person instruction in the Second Semester In-Person Registration Survey conducted in December 2020 will return to class in their assigned cohort beginning February 22, 2021. The District has created second semester schedules for each in-person cohort and has posted them to our website. The enclosed web links are provided for your convenience.
SECOND SEMESTER IN-PERSON SCHEDULE: COHORT A
SECOND SEMESTER IN-PERSON SCHEDULE: COHORT B
**Schedules are subject to modification based on space availability for the spring testing administration that will require in-person attendance. Further information will be provided.
Families who wish to move from virtual instruction to the in-person option during the Second Semester should contact your child's school. All requests for in-person instruction will be reviewed to ensure proper space is available to meet social distancing requirements. Please allow up to 3 days for a response and if transportation is requested up to 5 days for a review of availability. Transportation is limited due to public health and safety restrictions. All requests for transportation services will be reviewed and determinations will be based on capacity constraints. School bus schedules are updated every Friday and families should contact your child's school for bus stop information if approved for transportation.
Here are a few important reminders:
- Meal delivery for virtual students – including breakfast and lunch – will continue. The weekly schedule is available on sccpss.com. Click HERE to view the schedule.
- Students attending in-person instruction will receive meals at school. Meals will be served in the safest location available to ensure proper social distancing.
- Bell schedules have not changed and can be found by clicking this weblink: 2020-2021 Bell Schedules. Please remember that arrival and dismissal times may be staggered to ensure proper social distancing. More information will be provided from your child's school.
- The SCCPSS School Uniform Policy has been relaxed for the 2020-2021 school year. Students are expected to adhere to the requirements of the non-uniform days listed in the SCCPSS Dress Code policy.
- Attendance matters for all students! This includes schoolwork while in virtual instruction. Please review the video at this weblink for information on attendance: SCCPSS Attendance reminders
- COVID-19 transmission rates within a facility could disrupt in-person learning for individual schools. Families should be prepared for the possibility of transitioning to virtual learning based on school transmission data. Decisions will occur on a case by case basis.
We would like to remind everyone about the safety protocols designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Masks are required of all students and staff. Classrooms have been arranged to accomplish effective social distancing, and hallways have been marked to remind everyone to stay 6 feet apart. All high touch areas in classrooms are cleaned regularly with sanitizing agents that are proven to eliminate the COVID-19 virus and air filters have been replaced at every school. All schools have been equipped with touchless water refilling stations, and our business partners have provided water bottles for all students. Hand sanitizing stations are positioned throughout each school as well.
We look forward to seeing our students again! Once again, all students who selected the in-person option on the Second Semester In-Person Registration Survey from December 2020, will return to class based on their assigned cohort beginning February 22, 2021. Those who have been identified as Least Independent Learners will be contacted directly and will begin in-person instruction on February 17, 2021.
Please remember to visit our website – sccpss.com – frequently and follow us on social media for the most up to date information.