SCCPSS custodial and school staff have been trained for effective cleaning protocols, and schools have been supplied with cleaning materials to add an additional layer of mitigation. We continue to follow GA DPH guidelines for students and staff who test positive or are exposed to COVID-19.
Here are just a few of the things we are doing to make certain our schools and facilities are clean and safe!
- Frequently touched surfaces must be disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in all classrooms, common areas, and school buses.
- Cleaning of high-touch surfaces in school buildings is performed daily.
- Disinfectant foggers have been supplied to every school.
- School buses will be disinfected after each use.
- Ventilation Systems will be cleaned regularly.
- Water Fountains will not be operational. Instead, touchless water fountains have been installed in every school. Thanks to the generous support of our business partners, we have water bottles for students at each school. Or you may send your child to school with a refillable water bottle.
Staff and students should frequently wash and/or sanitize their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after having been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or touching your face. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands after touching your face.